The Arsenic Management Information System (AMIS) has been developed for the UNICEF for managing more than 2 million tube-well data. The system has been developed by SOFTWEL for the prime consultant “GENESIS Consultancy (P) Ltd” under a sub-contract agreement.The system comprised of:
- MS Access database and Visual Basic 6.0 programming
- Facilities for automated query, graphs and chart creation and report generation for the arsenic data by various types of regions
- Arsenic mitigation database system
- Map Interface using open source GIS (Map windows) with raster map background of all 20 districts of Nepal.
- Training to the UNICEF and Government Staffs
- Operating Manual and System Documentation.